Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Recover UniFi PPPoE Password


Bought myself a replacement router for UniFi, here comes the problem. Where do I fond my unifi PPPoE login password?

Below a quick guide which I found after Google it.
First you need to enable Telnet if you are using the Windows 7.
  1. Control Panel  -> Programs And Features –> Turn Windows features on or off
  2. Check Telnet Client
  3. Click OK
Next Telnet into the D-Link Router supplies by TM. If you don’t have the Super Admin (aka operator) password try followings.
Username : operator
Password : telekom
Username : operator
Password : h566UniFi
Username : operator
Password : <your Unifi username in reverse order>
BTW for those who don’t know how to use Telnet. Open a Command Prompt windows. Type Telnet 192.168.1.1 (the D-Link router IP). Once successful your will be prompt to enter user id and password.
Enter this command once you login.
cat /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
Source:
http://unifi.athena.my/router_security.php